Our Cats would like to welcome you to our Purrple Home. We would appreciate if you could help us keep things running smoothly by following our House Rules. If you have any children with you, please scroll down to read our Rules for Wee Guests below.
By entering our Premises, you agree to abide by our house rules. Anyone found to be breaching these rules, may be asked to leave. The manager’s decision is final on this matter, our cats are always our priority.
· Face coverings must be worn unless you are seated.
· No outdoor footwear. You’ll be asked to remove your shoes on entry, please bring socks or slippers with you. We sell socks at reception for £3.95
· Please wash your own paws & use sanitiser when directed by staff.
· No outside food or drinks are allowed.
· Never wake a sleeping cat. If you try this, our Cattendants may find and wake you at 3am the following day… kidding (maybe not though).
· Do not feed the cats any human food, and use the covers provided until you are ready to eat.
· If a cat pesters you for food, please remember they are very good liars! They are all very well fed. We provide covers to protect your food. If a cat is bothering you when you are eating, please feel free to ask a member of staff to help remove them, do not lift our cats.
· Do not bring in any catnip or toys from outside. If you want to hand in toys, we will keep what we can, and pass on anything we can’t use to CATFLAP.
· Don’t chase, pull or hold on to cats.
· Please be aware that cats are unpredictable by nature and may on occasion scratch or bite. We do not accept liability for injuries sustained when touching the cats.
· Take as many photos as you like, using #PurrpleCatCafe on social media, so we can see them too! But please, no flash photography.
· Speak softly and do not shout.
· Always listen to our Cattendants and follow instructions from them. If you have any other questions, please check out our FAQ section or email us
WEE GUESTS HOUSE RULES
We admit a small number of wee guests at a time into our Purrple Home, and we ask the adults who bring the wee guests to ensure the kids are familiar with how to behave around our cats.
Any wee guest who does not follow the rules, or who doesn’t listen to our Cattendants, may be asked to leave the session until they are calm. If they are persistently not listening on several occasions, they may be banned from future visits.
· Don’t pick up cats.
· Don’t chase, pull or grab cats.
· Don’t touch a cat’s ears, eyes, mouth or bottom.
· Listen to Cattendants, as they know the cats very well.
· Please wash your hands before and after touching cats.
· Please keep the noise down! No screaming, shouting or loud noises which may frighten our cats.
TODDLER FRIENDLY SESSIONS
We are delighted to bring back toddler friendly sessions on Saturday mornings, on a trial basis.
If you bring a pushchair or pram, please bear in mind we do not accept liability for any damage to these whilst on the property. We have changing facilities in our accessible WC. If you have any questions about toddler friendly sessions or any feedback on how we can make it a better experience for our youngest guests, please contact us